Brighten your slimming week with super-filling meals and snacks to keep you smiling all the way to weigh-in. Tuck into 7 days’ worth of simple and filling breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Simply follow the days in any order, and feel free to repeat any days you really love with this delicious weight loss meal plan.
• When cooking, trim all fat off meat, and remove skin from poultry.
• Use low-calorie cooking spray for frying.
• Swap sugar for sweetener and pick diet soft drinks.
• Make the most of hunger-busting. Free Foods are those you can eat in unlimited amounts and include nearly all fresh or frozen fruit and vegetables; lean meats, poultry and fish; beans and pulses; cooked dried couscous, pasta and rice, and fat-free yogurts.
• Healthy Extra: Enjoy a portion of wholemeal bread or cereal, portion of skimmed milk or low-fat cheese each day.
Split a 60g wholemeal roll (Healthy Extra) and fill with slices of ham (all visible fat removed), slices of tomato and an egg fried in low-calorie cooking spray.
Put couscous in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling veg stock. Leave to stand for 10 minutes and then add finely chopped cucumber, tomato and radishes. Serve topped with cooked skinless chicken pieces, lots of finely chopped fresh herbs such as coriander or parsley, and fat-free natural Greek-style yogurt.
Dinner Idea: Mexican Cod with Salad
List of Ingredients: tomatoes, tomato salsa, chilli flakes, ground cumin, ground black pepper, skinless cod fillets, corn tortillas, low-fat Cheddar, dried long-grain rice, lime wedges
For the salad: rocket, cucumber, spring onions, juice of 1 lime
FREE FOOD SNACK
Make a big speed foods fruit salad of grapefruit segments, melon chunks, halved strawberries and sliced peaches, and top with fat-free natural fromage frais.