CREATE A KILLER FEED
Composition, clarity, expert editing, movement and a human element all contribute to a great photo. Lighting is also key. Instagram is a photography network, so you should work more on your photography skills. Figuring out your aesthetic will make your feed look more powerful.
PICK YOUR THEME
Style, travel, dogs – themes make an account more compelling. The most popular are lifestyle, fashion and beauty. Your handle should be fun and convey your focus. Use a filter according to the feeling you want to achieve. The key thing is to be cohesive.
Some Instagram accounts never show a chink in the armour – they’re always on. You have to make fun of yourself once in a while so you won’t seem arrogant.
DON’T GO CRAZY WITH HASHTAGS
They’re useful for aggregating, but adding a bunch will just muddle up your account. There are millions of photos tagged with common hashtags, so using that isn’t going to lead a lot of people to your post. Hashtags don’t always work, but if you choose the right one, a hashtag could seriously up your following. Hashtags are excellent for specific events though, like a music festival or even a wedding, where you want to keep track of what’s happening and to be a part of that aggregated content.
The great accounts aren’t the most prolific – this isn’t Twitter. The best Instagrammers take hundreds and hundreds of pictures at a time, but post only one or maybe two pictures from the event. In general, it’s good to post at least once a day to maintain some consistency. Otherwise, try to post at least three times a week. And never throw up anything that’s blurry, generic or uninteresting. Evening and mornings are the key times to post – you tend to get the most engagement.
• Ways To Take Better Selfie •
• Stand at a window or head outside for the most flattering light.
• Whether you want to be kooky, fierce, sexy or playful, create your signature pose. We all have a best side. Try out a variety of expressions from all angles to find yours. Practice makes perfect.
• Choose your filter. Valencia, Mayfair and Walden are three of the most popular. Or get another great editing app.
• Share your selfie and up the number of likes. 48% Of selfies are shared via Facebook, 27% on WhatsApp and 9% on Twitter.
Follow other accounts that inspire you, go to events and make connections. Also, asking questions in your captions and engaging with your audience is key. It entices your followers to interact with you. Socialize! It’s called social media for a reason. So, respond to comments you receive on your page and leave comments on accounts you like.